Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Adam is Learning

Today I made tater tots for dinner and Adam asked me for some more cylinders! I died laughing - I know he learned what cylinders are from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, that is where he learned all of his shapes (with my emphasizing it as well on our own) but he knows all the basic shapes and also cone, sphere, cube and we are working on all the "gons" hexagon, pentagon, octagon. He is doing pretty well with counting and can pretty much count to 20 with a little bit of help - can count to 10 no problem. And he does pretty well with his colors. We are now starting to work on letters - my goal is to have him know them all by the time he is 3. He also loves to sing! His favorites to sing with no help are - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, On the Good Ship Lollipop, ABCs and his newest Take Me Out to the Ballgame. I taught him to sing that song to say root for the Cardinals (I am from St. Louis and love them) and my husband just cringes everytime since he was born here in Detroit and loves the Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment