Monday, February 23, 2009

Got the Schedule!

We have our schedule! I am so excited but also so nervous! On March 8th I will start Lupron, this is the injection that will shut down my system - it's basically like going through Menopause. On March 21st I will start taking 2 different drugs that will stimulate my ovaries and hopefully help me to produce lots and lots of eggs. At the end of March or early April I will go in for my egg retrieval and then 3-6 days after that they will put them back in. Finally after waiting 2 weeks we will go in for our bloodwork - so hopefully by Easter I will have a egg or two in my basket that will be growing!

There are walls of pictures of babies at the office. We have been there so many times but I have never really looked at the walls. Bob was looking at them today and made a comment on how they were all twins (or most of them were)! His face was so funny! I think the realization of everything hit him today. Writing the check for the treatment was not fun - I have never written a check that big before! I think we were just getting over the shock of that when the pharmacy called and gave me the cost of the meds - holy cow! I knew they would be expensive but actually hearing the amount was something else. I have a $4000.00 drug habit - haha! I told Bob that I am really going to feel like a druggie, starting on 3/21 I will be injecting myself 3 different times.

We are getting all of the drugs shipped to us and will arrive tomorrow - I will post of picture of them then.

No comments:

Post a Comment