Thursday, February 26, 2009

Baby Shower - Yes or No

We are having a baby shower at work today for one of my co-workers. I really, really do not want to go. Just hearing people talk about all of the cute outfits they bought and going through labor is making me sick (and sad). I don't really interact with this woman except for a "Hi" in the hallway. Would it be bad if I didn't go? I just don't think I can handle all of the baby talk. Honestly my outlook is so much better since we started moving forward with IVF but I still don't know if I can put myself in that situation for someone I barely know. I think I will just happen to be in the gym at work during the time of the baby shower. I know that's mean but I just can't help it and hopefully no one will even notice that I'm not there.

1 comment:

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

I don't think you'd be obligated to go. If I were the woman I'd want you there and would hate to know that my shower made you sad. But, she won't ever know, I'm sure. (((HUGS)))

Post a Comment