Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Injections Have Begun

Yesterday was my first injection of Lupron for my FET. I was on this medication for the IVF and I didn't react too well to it so I am not looking forward to the side effects kicking in. Basically it's like going through menopause - hot flashes and such. Just like when I did my IVF it took me a while to actually do that first injection - I just couldn't make myself stick the needle in. But thankfully my mom was there and she said if I didn't do it she would so that was all it took because I thought she would enjoy sticking me way too much! So I have one injection of the Lupron everyday until at least October 25th when I go in for bloodwork and then I'll probably be starting the estrogen pills then and lower the dosage of Lupron. I think then I am on the estrogen pills for 15 to 18 days and then the trasfer will occur - so I still have a while to go. My mom took pictures of the injection just like we did for the IVF and it's so different now having a little guy at my feet this time! We joke that this is "Operation Sister"! I would love to have a baby girl but of course I would take anything as long as it's a healthy baby! But I am pushing the sister thing for Adam - we do this cheer where I say "I want a Sister not another Mister!" and he just laughs and laughs everytime I sing it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HOW EXCITING! Can't wait to follow along!

Post a Comment