Tuesday, September 8, 2009

25 Weeks

Head to heels, Adam now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight - a pound and a half - isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair - and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture!
Technically I think I am still supposed to be on bedrest but I went to St. Louis this weekend for my baby shower. I was feeling good at the end of last week and hadn't had anymore spotting scares so I wasn't nervous about going. I am so glad we went - it was the best weekend! Friday we drove to St. Louis and went to my cousin's high school football game when we got in town. I can still remember the day he was born, it's so strange to me that he is now a Junior in high school and towers over me! Then Saturday was my Baby Shower! My sister and 2 aunts hosted it and they did an amazing job! I actually had to hold back tears when I walked into the room because of all of the thought and work they had put into it! It was so me! The cake was gorgeous (my Aunt Barb designed it) and she thought of every little detail. It looked just like the invitation but she had 3 baby blocks put on it also with Adam's initials! And my sister made a diaper cake! I couldn't believe she had made it when I saw it! I had no idea she had any kind of craftiness in her at all! I don't want to take it apart to use the diapers but I am sure there will come a time when I do! We are so blessed with so many amazing friends and family members! They were all so generous and we got so much stuff! We only have to get a few more items and we are all set for Adam! I feel so ahead of the game!
The Hostesses - My Aunt Nancy, Me, My Sister and My Aunt Barb
My Mom and Dad (Grandma and Grandpa) and Bob and I and my Niece (she wanted to be in all of the pictures)
Bob and I
The diaper cake my sister made!

The cake!

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon - I am sure everything will go fine and hopefully they clear me of the bedrest! (I am not telling them that I went into the office today - I just didn't want to have to take anymore days off since I don't know what I will need in the future and I don't have many more days left at all)!

Dear God,

Thank you for blessing us with such amazing friends and family!

Love, Bob and Alicia

Dear Adam,

Mommy and Daddy have pretty much everything we need for you! We can't wait until you are here!

We Love you! Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm glad you had such a great shower. The cake and diaper cake is adorable.
I can't wait to here how your doctors appointment goes.

A n T said...

Awh how awesome! Looks like the shower turned out great. I can't wait for mine to start rolling around!

Post a Comment