Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Scary Morning

We had a stressful day today! I went to work all was well and then went to the bathroom and to my horror saw bright red blood, I freaked out and started crying. I ran to my desk called Bob first and he immediately left the house to drive downtown to pick me up and I then called the doctor and left a message with the nurses. They called me back right away and told me that they'll fit me in as soon as we get there. So we finally got to the doctor and they had me go for an ultrasound - what a huge relief, we saw Adam moving like crazy and his beautiful heart beating! My placenta also looked fine - huge sigh! After the ultrasound the doctor wanted to check my cervix to make sure it wasn't dialating or anything - things looked ok there. He thinks that I over did it a bit this weekend when I told him about watching my niece and nephew and that I had had some cramping on Saturday night. So he said the bleeding could have come from a small tear in the placenta. I am now on bed rest for at least the rest of the week and if I start bleeding again I need to call them immediately. He said he just wanted to be more conservative with us since this is a "delicate" pregnancy. I didn't ask him if it was ok to go to St. Louis this weekend for my baby shower but I am just going to go and sit the entire time I am there, that is if I don't have any more bleeding this week. Too bad Bob and I can't go for our Anniversary Dinner tonight though but keeping Adam safe is much more important right now!

Dear God,
Thank you so much for making everything ok with our angel.
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
Stay healthy in there! I am so sorry that I overdid it this weekend and might have put some stress on you. Don't worry, Mommy is going to really take it easy now!
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

3 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Oh my goodness, How scary. I'm so sorry to hear that you are having this happen. I'm praying for you guys. Definitely listen to your doctor. Bedrest to the max if you have to. Little Adam must need some rest.
I'm thinking of you guys.

A n T said...

Oh wow, glad to hear that everything is going great! Good news out of the midst...you got too see little Adam again! Take it easy Momma!

Linlee said...

Take it easy. I'm glad things are ok.

Post a Comment