Monday, September 14, 2009

Week 26

The network of nerves in Adam's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both my voice and Bob's voice as we chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about 2 pounds and measures 14 inches from head to heel! A point of interest for Bob is that his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum-a trip that will take about two to three days.

I can't believe that we are now in the double digits until Adam is here! I will be in the 3rd trimester in a couple of weeks, this time has flown by! I am counting down the days until next Tuesday, that is when we are going for our 3D/4D ultrasound! I am so excited and can't wait to see how adorable my sweet angel is!

I have been wanting to post this poem that my sister wrote me for my baby shower but kept forgetting to do it - so here it is!

December 21st is when they say you are due,
Your dream of becoming a mother will finally come true.

Nine months it takes for a baby to grow,
Everything to develop from his head to his toe.

Your tummy will grow with stretch marks galore,
To where you will say, "PLEASE NO MORE!"

The day will come and to the hospital you will go,
The pain you will feel you are yet to know.

Kicking, screaming and pushing you will do,
You never know, you may just poo!

Finally you will receive a baby boy,
Eyes will fill with tears of joy!

Adam's smile will be so bright,
Remember he was worth the fight.

Bring him home and you will see,
All the love that comes for free.

I can't believe my sister wrote that but I will treasure it forever!

Dear God,
Thank you for your continued blessings! Please watch over everyone I know that has just had their babies recently or who is about to have their babies soon!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
Mommy can't wait to see your adorable face next week! I think you have been having a party in my tummy lately! Go ahead though and have a blast, I love it! But maybe we can have a party during the day instead of the middle of the night. Never mind - Mommy is a big push over you just go ahead and do whatever you want in there!
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

Cute post, So sweet.
I'm glad you guys are doing good. Talk to little Adam all the time he will definitely know his mommy and daddy when he comes out.

Post a Comment