Monday, August 31, 2009

24 Weeks

We are now at 24 weeks! Adam is growing steadily, having gained 4 ounces since last week. He is now just over a pound and almost a foot long. So he's pretty lean at the point but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

I had a busy weekend. I helped my mom babysit my niece and nephew - we had a great time playing and running around but I might have over did it a little bit, I was having really bad cramps on Saturday night, so I took it easy that night and on Sunday. I hope everything is ok with Little Man, I haven't felt him too much since Saturday. So of course I am being paranoid and freaking out that something is wrong even though the sensible part is telling me that everything is fine.

Last night I watched this show that followed 3 couples that had multiples. I cried my eyes out because one couple was expecting to have quads and during one of their appointments they found out that they lost one of the babies. So sad - they showed the delivery and everything. I really can't imagine getting news like that. The good news was that the other 3 babies were perfect. Then another couple was having sextuplets and they took the babies at 25 weeks - it was crazy to watch that and see the tiny babies to know that Adam will be that size next week! I wish Bob would have been home to see it. All six of the babies survived and were healthy so far - what a miracle!

Tomorrow is our 2nd Wedding Anniversary! In a way the time has flown by but in a way it also feels like we have been married forever. This past year was definatly a trying year for us dealing with the infertility and everything but it has brought us so much closer together. I really can't imagine loving Bob anymore than I do today but I know as soon as I see our son in his arms that my heart is just going to burst. I want to thank him for making the past two years the best of my life! It is so amazing to sit here today knowing that the future ahead of us is just going to be so perfect as we start our beautiful family. He is making all of my dreams come true - I am such a lucky girl to have the most perfect husband in the world. I love him more than I could ever express!

We are going to one of my favorite places to eat and I am counting down the hours (pathetic I know)! It's a fondue restaurant and I have been craving cheese lately-so this is right up my alley! Then on Friday we will be driving to St. Louis for our baby shower with my side of the family and all of my friends! I cannot wait to get there and see everyone, the week can't go by fast enough!

Dear God,
Thank you for blessing me with such an amazing husband! Please watch over us as we share many, many, many more anniversaries together!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
You must be lazy lately because you have been pretty quiet and not kicking Mommy as much - I just hope everything is ok with you. I worry about you all of the time and I am sure my worry and concerns are just going to increase after you are born. Mommy and Daddy love you so much we don't ever want you to feel pain or be sad.
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

A n T said...

I was watching that multiples show as well. Amazing. Congrats on 2 years of marriage and reaching viability!

Post a Comment