Monday, August 3, 2009

Half Way There

Today marks 20 weeks! We are half way there, I can't believe it! I have a feeling though things are going to start really slowing down and the time will start to drag on! Adam weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now and is around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inchesx from head to heel - the length of a banana. Up until this point he has been measured from the top if his head to his bottom because he was so curled up but now he will be measured from head to toe. He's swallowing more these days which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels and we'll see it in his first diaper - yea a present for Daddy!!!!

I still haven't felt any movement from him. I just keep praying that anyday now I will start to feel it! I am getting anxious. This past weekend was really busy. Saturday I went shopping with my mom and I think I found Adam's coming home outfit but I am waiting for it to go on sale, in the meantime I will keep looking. But I did get a ton of cute things for really cheap at some sales (most of it for next summer). Then my sister brought me tons and tons of clothes that my nephew doesn't fit into anymore! Adam's closet is already completely full and I have moved into the guest bedroom closet! This boy does not need anymore clothes but I know I'll see things that I won't be able to resist! On Sunday Bob and I went shopping for a rug for his room and a lamp. I did find an adorable lamp for cheap that is a little sailboat! I was so excited to get it for $30.00 because all of the cute ones I saw online were over $100.00! I never thought it would be so difficult to find a rug for a baby's room but it's impossible! Of course I am really picky and we don't want to spend a ton of money. The one I really wanted at Pottery Barn Kids was on sale but now it is no longer available, I guess that's what I get for waiting.

This weekend I am going on a 4 day cruise with my mom, sister, aunt and grandma for my grandma's birthday. Oh boy, that will be an interesting trip to say the least! Let's just say I think it's going to be way too much togetherness and I am so grateful it is only 4 days! Don't get me wrong I love them all dearly but that's a lot of togetherness! My sister and I are sharing a tiny room and she is kind of a slob so I know she will drive me crazy with her stuff everywhere. At least it won't be as bad as my mom, grandma and aunt all in a room :) But it will be really nice to get away and just relax, I am planning on doing nothing but reading by the pool and eating! I can't indulge in beverages so I have a feeling ice cream will take it's place. Hey, I am pregnant, I can do that now right?!

Dear God,
Please watch over us and our little family.
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
Ok mister - why aren't you kicking me yet! Mommy really, really wants you to kick me. I will never say that to you once you are outside but take advantage of it now. Mommy and Daddy has so much fun shopping for your room this weekend, we can't even explain how excited we are to meet you!
We Love You Angel!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment