Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 22

Today marks week 22. At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, Adam is starting to look like a minature newborn. His lips, eyelids and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. He has fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and deep wrinkles in his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas-essential for the production of some important hormones-is developing steadily.

We had our first baby shower this weekend in Detroit with Bob's family and friends. It was so wonderful and we had a great time! His sisters and sister-in-law did a fabulous job and everything was just beautiful! Adam is one spoiled little baby boy - we got so much for him that I know we will get a ton of use out of! Bob was at the shower too and I think he loved every single moment - especially opening the gifts! We got some Detroit Tigers onesies and Bob was crazy over them! I was having so much fun I didn't even take any pictures - but hopefully my parents will send me some so I can post them soon.

It was strange leaving because I know the next time I will see them all is after Adam is here (unless some of them come to Chicago to visit before then). Adam has such a great family that he is being born into. Between my side of the family and Bob's side of the family he will have 12 cousins already! Everyone is so excited to meet him - especially Mommy and Daddy!

Dear God,
Thank you for blessing us with such an amazing family!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
Wow- we got lots and lots of things for you this weekend at the baby shower! You are going to be the cutest dressed boy on the block! Everyone can't wait to meet you!
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment