Tuesday, August 25, 2009

23 Weeks

Yesterday marked 23 weeks. With his sense of movement well developed by now, Adam can feel if I dance and move around. He is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing and the sounds he hears are preparing him for entry to the outside world! Loud noises that become familar now - such as the roar of the vacuum cleaner - probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb.

Adam has been really rocking and rolling the past 2 or 3 days! He is constantly moving, such a cool thing. I don't think he wants Mommy to get any work done because when I feel him I find myself daydreaming about what he is doing in there. I want to know what it is that I am feeling, is he turning, kicking, punching his arms? I can't wait until we can feel him from the outside and Bob can experience it.

Last night we started filling out the baby book that we have with information that we can fill in right now. It asks a lot about the 2 of us, where we met, our wedding and honeymoon. It also asks about the baby's grandparents and gives you a mini family tree to fill out. Filling out the family tree was neat - Bob has a file that he got when his parent's passed away that has extensive information about both sides of his family (I think one of his siblings did a report for school and we have them) but it was really detailed and very interesting to read. My family doesn't have anything like that I don't think - so now it makes me want to do something especially while I still have my grandmother around on my mom's side since both of my dad's parents are now gone. These are things I want to make sure that I pass down to Adam and any other children we might have.

Dear God,
Thank you for your continued blessings - you are truly amazing.
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
Oh boy - Mommy asked for you to kick me and are you ever giving me a taste of my own medicine. But I LOVE it! I am not complaining in the least - please keep on rocking and rolling to your content.
We Love You Sweet Boy!
Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You're over halfway done so not much longer now. Isn't it wonderful to feel baby kick? I loved it the whole time I was pregnant even when she bruised my ribs!

My family has a website on Myheritage dot com and we are able to keep up with each other on that. You can upload pictures and fill out the family tree. It will also send you an e-mail every week with upcoming events like birthdays and anniversaries. It's a really neat site and there isn't a lot of upkeep after you initially fill out the information.

Meant to be a mom said...

I can't believe your 23 weeks already. Yay girl you will be there before you know it!
How exciting that your feeling Adam move so much. Its the best feeling in the world isn't it.

Good luck filling out the baby book, Its nice that you have all that info to fill it in with from your hubbies past.

Post a Comment