Monday, July 20, 2009

18 Weeks

Today I am 18 weeks! Only about 22 more weeks to go. Really the time is flying by, I hope it stays at this pace. Adam is now about 5 1/2 inches long and weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs - movements that hopefully I'll start feeling soon! His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born.

We are now completely finished registering! I know it's really early for us to have done that but our schedules coming up are crazy so we are having our baby showers really early. One is on August 15th and the other one is on September 5th. It was actually a lot of fun picking out all of the blue stuff! There really is some cute boy stuff out there. Mommy spent way too much money this weekend! But a lot of it was clearanced summer clothes for Adam to wear next year. My sister also just gave me two HUGE bags of clothes that my nephew can't wear anymore. I have to go through and see what we can use and what we can't since my nephew had a bit of a spitting up problem and I'm sure there are some things that will need to be thrown out.

I had the scare of my life today. My cell phone rang while I was at work and I couldn't get to it in time. So I listened to the voicemail and it was a nurse from my doctor's office telling me to call back as soon as I could to discuss my lab results. I was so scared that something was wrong with Adam, so I dialed the number shaking the whole time. The nurse told me that my iron levels were really low in my blood so they are going to put me on an iron supplement. I was so relieved when she said that, that's an easy fix. She then proceeded to tell me that all of my blood work for the screening on Adam came back normal - so he's a completely healthy boy so far! I have been SO tired recently so at least now I know why with my iron being so low. Yea, hopefully these supplements will give me a little more pep!

Dear God,
Please continue to watch over our baby boy!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
Mommy spoiled you this weekend - I am sure it's just the beginning. Daddy is going to start painting your room this weekend, can you tell that he is so excited for you to get here. I don't think that you will ever understand how much we love you and how much you mean to us. You are truly our miracle baby boy and we will cherish every moment of your life!
Now, I have a tiny bone to pick with you - please start kicking Mommy! I can't wait to feel you moving around inside me!
We Love You our Dear Sweet Boy!
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

How fun you got clothes for Adam and you registered. He will be all set by the time he comes out. I'm glad your doctors office didn't have any bad news for you. I would have freaked out also if I had heard a message like that.

Post a Comment