Monday, July 6, 2009

16 Weeks

Holy Cow, I am 16 weeks today! Baby is the size of an avacado and weighs about 3 1/2 ounces. The baby will have a huge growth spurt in the next few weeks, it will double it's weight and add inches to it's length. Legs are more developed now and the head is erect now. The eyes are in the correct position and the ears are just about there. Baby is now starting to grow toenails. The heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood each day!

I have an OB appointment on Saturday, it feels like forever since I have been there. I am really excited that Bob will be able to hear the heartbeat for the first time! At the appointment I am going to schedule the big ultrasound to find out the gender! I can't wait for that! I am so impatient that I am thinking about going to one of those 3D places to get one done. The place my sister went to is offer a $45.00 special on a gender peak right now. To me the $45.00 is well worth it but I can't convince Bob of the same thing. He thinks I just need to be patient but he is talking to the girl who used to find my Christmas gifts, steam them open with an iron and re-wrap them! This is THE biggest Christmas gift ever - I CAN'T wait!

Bob and I had a good 4th of July weekend. I had family over on Saturday and did a lot of cooking. I am not normally a cook but everything I made turned our really, really good! I think my family was shocked. Then on Sunday it was a complete lazy day. We went to church, breakfast and for a Sunday drive. On our drive we just decided to go play miniature golf - as we were playing it hit me - wow, we aren't going to be able to do things like this when the baby comes. It will be a lot more planning before we just take off on a whim. Little by little I guess I am realizing that my life is going to completely change. And I know it will be for the better!

Dear God,
Thank you for your continued blessings!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Baby,
Mommy and Daddy are really excited to hear your heartbeat this weekend, especially Daddy. Tomorrow is Daddy's birthday, I think his birthday wish has already come true - knowing that you are on your way! Next year will be so much fun to have you sitting in his lap helping him blow out the candles!
We Love You SO Much!
Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

I can't believe your 16 weeks. Congrats. I'm glad all is going well. I don't blame you at all for wanting to know what it is so bad.
Hopefully you find out soon. It would be driving me crazy too if I were you.

Linlee said...

I'm glad things are going. I can't wait to hear if your having a boy or girl!

Post a Comment