Tuesday, November 10, 2009

34 Weeks

Adam now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (at least that is the average) and is almost 18 inches long. HIs fat layers - which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born - are filling him out, amaking him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. Babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

That is a huge relief to me that if he were to be born now he would most likely be just fine. This morning I woke up at 4:00 a.m. with really bad gas pains (or at least I thought that is what it was). I tried to go to the bathroom but nothing happened and the pain just went away after a minute or so. I thought nothing of it and tried to go back to sleep, well it happened again probably about an hour later and it's happened 2 more times since. I am almost positive it is just false labor or something like that. I know it's not the real deal because they are so far apart, aren't regular at all and don't get any worse. It's kind of exiciting to think at least my body is doing something even though I know it's not the time at all. I just have never felt anything like this before.

So I think it is safe to say that my center of gravity is definately off! Sunday morning I fell off the step coming from my parent's house to the garage and twisted my ankle. It hurt so bad! I got up and was able to hobble to the car to go to church. Once in church though I felt like I was going to pass out and throw up because my ankle was just throbbing so I sat out in the car while my family stayed there for mass. After mass my dad took me to the 24 hour emergency care clinic (Bob was out of town) and luckly it was just sprained! I didn't fall on my belly or anything and Adam was moving around like normal so I was sure he was fine. Yesterday, I got up got ready for work because my ankle was feeling a million times better and was getting ready to leave - well wouldn't you know it but I fell again coming out of my house into the garage - the exact same way I did the day before! So at that point I decided I was not going into work and just laid on the couch all day with my foot elevated! I am much better today and am at work but I am trying to make sure I really favor my right side so I don't reinjure myself again! I am just thankful that Adam is ok and that I didn't break anything - there is no way I would trust myself on cruches right now!

Dear God,
Thank you for watching over me and not letting me break any bones! Also thank you for making sure Adam stayed nice and safe.
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
Sorry Mommy jostled you a little bit these past couple of days! I am just glad that I didn't hurt you, I would have felt so bad and so guilty if something had happened to you! It is so exciting for Mommy and Daddy to think that you could be here anywhere from 3 to 6 weeks! That is so soon!
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

3 comments:

A n T said...

You better be careful! 2 falls within a couple days of each other is lot!! How exciting that you may have something going on with your body and LO! Besides my belly being crazy tight 24/7 I don't know what I'm feeling.

Meant to be a mom said...

Yikes. I'm glad you and Adam were ok after the fall. I fell when I was pregnant and freaked out. I called my doctor at 9:00 at night. He just said nicely into the phone "you'll be fine". THANKS DOC! Here I was loosing it thinking something could be wrong now and he is saying you'll be fine like I'm a 5 year old that stubbed her toe.

Also sorry to hear about the pain you had at night. I don't know exactly what yours felt like but I had TONS of braxton hicks contractions for months and months while I was pregnant. Hopefully that's all it was for you.
Also I had a really sharp pain once and it ended up being a stretching pain but I didn't think it was at all. It felt like my lower stomach had a knife jabbed into it.

I hope your pains were normal pains.

We need more pics.

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee said...

I'm so glad you stayed home and rested! I hope your ankle is feeling better! It really doesn't make sense that we're so tipsy and off balance during pregnancy when we should be the most careful! :)

Post a Comment