Tuesday, November 24, 2009

36 Weeks

Adam is still packing on the pounds - at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. He swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, that will form the contents of his first bowel movement. At the end of this week he is considered full-term!

Unbelievable - we are almost at the full term point! This pregnancy has been the best thing that has ever happened to me (even though it's been very tough at times). I have SO much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! Last Thanksgiving I was in a major depression thinking that my dreams of having a child were never going to happen and now this Thanksgiving we are just weeks/days away from seeing our beautiful baby boy! I can't believe this is the last holiday where it will just be Bob and I - from now on all of our holidays we will have a child with us!

Dear God,
Thank you so much for all of the amazing blessings you have given us this past year! I am in awe everyday of how great you are!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
I can't believe next year at this time you will be toddling around and eating turkey at your First Thanksgiving! Mommy and Daddy are so excited to start celebrating holidays with you and creating many, many, many family memories!
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! TIME HAS FLOWN! I am just 29 weeks behind you LOL!

Meant to be a mom said...

Its almost time. How exciting.
I can't wait to see pics of your little angel.
Enjoy your last holiday as two and look forward to all the amazing wonderful holiday fun you will have with three.

Post a Comment