Monday, November 2, 2009

33 Weeks

This week Adam weighs a little over 4 pounds (or at least he is supposed to) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

I can now officially say that Adam will be here next month! And we are in the 40s as far as days left! I am so excited for him to get here. I can't wait to hold that sweet angel in my arms. I can't wait to see Bob as a Daddy and watch their bond grow. I already feel a bond with Adam but I am not sure if Bob does yet but I know as soon as he holds his son in his arms he will instantly fall in love. I know that he is probably more excited than I am for him to get here. Now that Halloween is over I know we will start to see all of the Christmas decorations soon. I love that and can't believe that our little boy will have his first Christmas this year! I think he might be too new to take to see Santa though this year but it all depends on when he comes.

Dear God,
Thank you for your continued blessings. Please watch over us this last month. This pregnancy has been the greatest gift you have ever given me!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
You will be here next month! Mommy and Daddy can't wait to hold you in our arms and love and cuddle you. I hope you grow up knowing always how much we love you and how we will always be there for you. You are our most precious gift and we love you more than you will ever know!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

I can't hardly believe your 33 weeks already. It seems like just yesterday I was congratulating you on getting pg. How exciting that so soon you will be face to face with your sweet baby boy. Its amazing.

Post a Comment