Monday, October 26, 2009

32 Weeks

By now Adam weighs 3.75 pounds (or at least that is the average, we already know he is over that) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in my uterus. Average weight gain for me is about a pound a week now and roughly half of that goes right to Adam. I have no idea how much weight I have gained, I have chosen not to look at the scale when I go to the doctor's office. And once Adam comes I am just going to go by how my clothes fit me rather than the number the scale says. Adam will gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails and real hair. His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth!

Adam could be here now between 5 and 8 weeks. I feel really ready for him to come, I have everything I could possibly do at the house to prepare for him finished. The only two small items are to pack the hospital bag and to put the car seat in the car, other than that we are so ready. Tonight is our second to last Child Birth class, we are learning about the medical procedures tonight so I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of videos. This is the class I am most nervous about but hopefully it will make me feel more comfortable rather than more scared.

I have my next prenatal appointment at the doctor's on Friday. I am anxious to see if my fundal measurement is large since the last appointment when we had our ultrasound we found out Adam was 3 weeks ahead - I wonder if my fundal height is ahead too. I have a couple of things I need to bring up to the doctor too to make sure everything is ok. For two nights this past week I have woken up in the middle of the night with a bloody nose, I don't think that it's a big deal from what I have read but I still want to make sure I mention it to the doctor. And then this morning coming in on the train I got SO hot and sweaty and was dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. My hair was literally wet with sweat and I had to take off my coat and sit there with my short sleeve shirt on. This has happened a couple of other times on the train. I used to think it was because I didn't eat in the morning but I have now started eating something before I leave so I was surprised when it happened again today. It did go away after having some water and holding the water bottle on my wrists for a while but it did take some time and it's scary to think you are going to pass out on a train with a bunch of complete strangers!

Dear God,
Thank you for your continued blessing! And thank you for watching over my parent's while they were on their vacation and for having them have a safe return home!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
Hey Little Man - why do you like Mommy's ribs so much lately? I am sure you are so crowded in there and don't have much room to move anymore so go ahead and just get as comfortable as you can and Mommy will deal with it!
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment