Monday, November 16, 2009

35 Weeks - 35 Days Left to Go!

I think it's so funny that today I am 35 Weeks with 35 Days left to go - so exciting! Adam doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds. Because it's so snug in there, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore (although to me sometimes it feels like he is), but the number of times he kicks remains about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete - he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

I had an pretty uneventful OB appointment this past Saturday. Adam's heartbeat was nice and strong and I finally got my H1N1 shot! I have been wanting to get that for awhile, at first I didn't think I wanted it but I really feel like I made a good decision on getting it because now Adam will have some antibodies for it. Now we just need to get Bob to get the shot to just make sure we are all protected. I start going to the OB every week now - next Tuesday I will have a Non-Stress test and the test for Group B. Then the week after that is our next ultrasound, I am anxious for that because if he is still big I am pretty sure we will talk about getting him early!

Adam's movements are SO much stronger now! He is constantly moving and it hurts a lot of the time because he has no room and everytime he moves you can see it on my tummy. My skin feels so tight too on my tummy - I can't imagine it growing anymore because it already feels like it is going to rip. I haven't slept at all the past 3 nights - I just can't get comfortable, I pee a ton at night and my mind is racing! I am getting so anxious for him to get here, I just can't wait to hold him in my arms.

This weekend I pretty much finished our Christmas shopping and wrapped everything! I just have 2 more gifts to get. I was teasing that I should have a baby around Christmas time every year - it really motivates you to get things done! Can you believe next week is Thanksgiving! I love that holiday but I don't think my stomach will let me eat as much as I normally do!

Dear God,
Thank you for your continued blessings and please continue to watch over us as we come closer and closer to the delivery of our wonderful gift!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
I can't even imagine how crammed you are inside Mommy right now! I hope you are getting excited to come out and meet us because we are SO excited to meet you!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Wow your done with your Christmas shopping and wrapping. Good for you, that's wonderful.
35 Weeks OH MY GOODNESS! Your almost there.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your journey. My husband went back and forth between this and adoption. We have settled on adoption for now, but may take that road down the road from now. Who knows. But seriously, this is very exciting to hear!

Post a Comment