Monday, November 30, 2009

37 Weeks

Today is a big day! Adam is now full term! This means if he was to arrive now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though technically my due date is still three weeks away. He should now weigh about 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel.

I am so excited to know that from this point on if Adam decides to come he should be healthy! Tomorrow I have an OB appointment where we will be doing another ultrasound - if he is still measuring as far ahead as he was at the 30 week ultrasound we will be discussing taking him early! I am actually praying that he is still quite large, I am so ready for him to be here. I am extremely uncomfortable all of the time and just can't wait to hold this sweet angel in my arms! I believe he has dropped quite a bit (I'll have to post another picture) - I don't have heartburn anymore and I can breathe so much easier now. My trips to the bathroom are extremely frequent now too!

Our Thanksgiving was great! My mom made such a yummy dinner (she always does though). It was fun just having Bob there (since he has been traveling so much) and just hanging out with the family. Bob and I also got all of the Christmas decorations up this weekend! It didn't take us too long to do but I am glad that we got it out of the way. Now I just need to wait for 2 more gifts to arrive in the mail and wrap them and I am all set. I sent out the Christmas cards yesterday too! I also scheduled Adam's baptism with the church - yes I know it is extremely early for that but I wanted to make sure I did it and was able to give Bob's family in Detroit and my family in St. Louis plenty of time to plan if they wanted to come in town for it. It will be on January 24th - hopefully the weather will cooperate that weekend!

Today is my niece's 2nd birthday! I can't believe she is 2, I remember being in the room when she was born - what an amazing experience! I felt such a HUGE amount of love the second I saw her and thought to myself that I would do anything for her. I can't believe that the love I will feel for Adam when he comes isn't going to even compare to the love I have for that little girl! But I know it will be so much more!

Dear God,
Please watch over us these last couple of weeks as we prepare for our sweet angel to get here!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
Mommy and Daddy are really excited to see you tomorrow! We hope you are nice and strong and big and healthy! We are so ready for you to be here and can't wait to see you!
We Love You,
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

My prayers are with you guys as this special time nears. How exciting. Definitely post another picture before you end up having him. I can't wait to see pics of your little guy.
I'm glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving.
Happy b-day to your niece.

Post a Comment