Monday, June 15, 2009

Appointment Results

The OB appointment went great. I had the ultrasound first and I love the tech at the office. She took her time explaining everything and pointing things out. I think that baby was sleeping because he/she didn't move much at all (except to rub their eyes at one point). They were in the exact position they needed to be in to get the measurement of the neck. Our measurement was 19, which is a great number anything over 30-35 is cause for concern the tech said. I still have to wait to get the 1st set of blood work results back but the tech said she wouldn't worry about a thing and it seems that we have a perfectly healthy baby in there. She didn't try to even get a gender shot so I'll just have to be patient! I did post the profile shot of the baby on a website I go on and there is a way that you can get a really good guess at the gender by looking at a nub in that area and people seem to think by the nub it looks like we are having a girl but who knows! So we'll find out for sure in 8 weeks! That is when my next ultrasound is, I am going to have major withdrawls by then! I have an appointment on July 11th for the 2nd set of blood work and just a check up with the doctor. I think the best part of this appointment was hearing the beautiful sound of the heart beat! Oh my goodness, that was so unbelievable! Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to call Bob so he hasn't heard it yet but he will definately get to hear it on the 11th.
Here's a couple of profile pics from the scan. I told Bob I think it looks like my nose from the profile shot :)

2 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

It sounds like everything's going good. And the baby looks just beautiful. I wonder what the sex is???
I'm glad your appointment went well and hope your week is a good one also!

Unknown said...

How awesome! Good job mommy!

Post a Comment