Monday, June 8, 2009

Second Trimester

Today is the start of my 2nd Trimester! I can't believe it, maybe now I will relax a tad bit. Baby is now the size of plum. The most dramatic development this week are the reflexes! Baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, toes will curl, eye muscles with clench and mouth will make sucking movements. If I were to push on my abdomen now, the baby will squirm in response, although I can't feel it yet. Intestines are now starting to move from the umbilical cord to the abdominal cavity and kidneys will begin excreting urine into their bladder. Nerve cells are multiplying rapidly. Baby's face is starting to look unquestionably human-eyes have moved from the sides to the front of their head and hears are right where they should be! Baby weighs 1/2 an ounce now.

My mother has been bugging me to register for neutral items (think she's excited) and so finally I did end up doing some things this weekend so she would quit bugging me. It was so much fun, Bob said he even had a good time. We just have the basics such as stroller, high chair, car seat and pack 'n play on there and I will fill out the rest when we find out the gender. But I already have gender things picked out. I don't feel as silly looking at these things now that I am in the 2nd trimester. We got our nursery furniture too this weekend! My parents generously told us that they wanted to purchase the furniture! We tried to talk them out of this but there was no reasoning with them. So we looked at a ton of baby furniture places and I found a crib and changing table I fell in love with. They were offering a sale this weekend so my mom just bought it. I have a chest of drawers from my bedroom set that doesn't fit in our guest room so we are going to use that too - the woods almost match perfectly! Hopefully it takes a LONG time for these things to come in so that we don't have huge boxes sitting in our garage for a while.

Dear God,
Thank you so much for your blessings and helping us get to this awesome milestone!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Baby,
We have a crib for you to sleep in already! Can you tell that Mommy and Daddy are so excited to meet you and can't wait for you to get here.
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

4 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

YAY, congrats on the 2nd tri-mester. So exciting.
I'm glad your doing good and moving ahead.
Isn't registering fun. We are just getting ready to finally register this week. We waited really long to register.
I hope you and baby have a great week.

A n T said...

How did you beat me to the second trimester? LOL! Congrats! From what I read I'm not gonna start my 2nd tri till the 13th week...end of 12th is the end of the first. Glad you had fun doing your registry!

Alicia_B said...

Tashida - On FF it said that the 12th week is the 2nd trimester, I am so confused.

A n T said...

I'm confused too. Some say the beginning of 12 weeks some say the end of 12 weeks. Heck who knows. I know that it is a huge milestone to reach 12 weeks regardless!!

Post a Comment