Tuesday, June 9, 2009

No More Meds

I took my last dosage of progesterone this morning! I am officially finished with all of the meds from the IVF. I can't believe that it is time to close the book on that part of this pregnancy. I can still remember when the doctor told us that would be our only option for us to get pregnant. I remember crying my eyes out for days and days thinking that was something we would never be able to afford or do. But I guess there is always a way. I just have to Thank God everyday for allowing us to be able to do this and for truly blessing us with having this work (and at the first try for that matter). We are so blessed and so lucky! My heart still aches for all of those women who I know and don't know that are out there struggling with infertility. It really is one of the hardest things to have to go through. I just hope that everyone gets their baby one day soon!

So I am so confused about the weeks and figuring out trimesters. On one website I go to it says that you are in the 2nd trimester starting at 12 weeks but some other places I am hearing now that it is on the first day of your 13th week that you are in your 2nd trimester. I'll have to ask my OB about it on Friday when I go.

Dear God,
Thank you so much for watching over us during this whole IVF process and holding us in your hands. You were a constant source of calm for me during all of this.
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Baby,
Mommy finished her progesterone today. You are now getting the progesterone on your own. Keep growing strong and healthy in there.
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

Christina said...

The trimester thing is confusing. Most people at work said 12 weeks is the 2nd tri but I think the doctor told me 13w1d.

Meant to be a mom said...

Congrats! your post was beautiful and so true. This is such a truly stressfilled, emotional and truly amazing journey we take being infertile women. I'm so happy to see good outcomes.
God is good.
As far as the tri-mesters. I'm 24 weeks this week, last week I went to my doc and mentioned, Yay we are just starting our 6th month and he looks at me and says "no, your 23 weeks. Don't go by months or tri-mesters because its not exactly correct, go by weeks". I was like "OKEY DOKEY THEN, I guess I'm not 6 months then!" shot down. It was sort of funny though. Either way all my books say different things too. Does anybody really know?

Post a Comment