Friday, June 5, 2009

I Graduated!

Yesterday was our last appointment with the RE. It really was kind of sad to leave the office. The people at that office have been so wonderful to deal with and they have made our dream come true! They made us promise to come back with the baby and let them know when we find out what we are having. Bob and I are going to send something to the main office for everyone to thank them for everything!

The RE (not a tech) did our ultrasound yesterday. It was so great because I think we were the last people there for the day and we had a 30 minute ultrasound! Usually it's just long enough to get the measurements that they need, so about 10 minutes and it's early in the morning (so I think the baby is always sleeping then). Well, not yesterday afternoon, that little sucker wouldn't stay still! It was absolutely amazing to just sit there and watch him/her! They were moving so much that the RE was having problems getting the measurements she needed. Bob's face was the neatest thing, I could tell that this was all starting to seem a bit more real to him. It was hard for me to believe that this tiny person that was moving so much is inside of me! I really, really can't wait until I can feel those movements! The doctor tried to give us her opinion on the gender but the little one wouldn't cooperate. She started to say what her guess was by saying "I don't see anything there", which now makes Bob and I think girl but then the baby moved and the umbilical cord went right between the legs and she couldn't get the baby to move again so we could get a clear shot, she tried for a long time and then we just gave up. I guess this baby wants us to wait.

I have my first appointment with the OB a week from today, I am really looking forward to that because I have SO many questions for him. I am having an ultrasound that day too. This ultrasound looks for the chances of the baby having Downs Syndrome. Some people opt not to have this test but I figured it was a chance to see the baby again and I always liked to be prepared for what is to come as much as I can be.

Dear God,
Thank you so much for watching over our baby while I was sick! Please continue to bless us!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Baby,
Wow, you were an active one yesterday! Daddy and I could have spent all day just watching you move around! I think Daddy really realized that you are a little person now and will be with us soon! We cannot wait to meet you!
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

Congrats on graduating to the regular ob. Sounds like your appointment went great and He or she is doing good. Prayers for you!

Post a Comment