Monday, December 7, 2009

38 Weeks

Baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long (although we already know Adam is bigger than that - last Tuesday he was 8 pounds already). He has a firm grasp, which I'll soon be able to test when I hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb! You might be able to tell what color baby's eyes are when he's born. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue.

I really am hoping that Adam will have blue eyes just like his Daddy! His Daddy has the most amazing blue eyes and I would love it if our son has them! We'll have to wait and see. I am so ready for my next appointment tomorrow - I can't wait to see if anything is going on. Keep your fingers crossed that something is happening because if that is the case I am pretty sure we'll be able to schedule and induction for next week! I cannot wait to hold my baby in my arms! I started working from home today - I had a bad night last night with sleep and am just so uncomfortable and the thought of sitting in my desk chair all day just brought me to tears. So I have been bringing my computer and files home every night just in case something happens. Hopefully, I'll just be working from home the rest of this pregnancy!

Dear God,
Please watch over us tomorrow as we go to the doctor and for the rest of the time of this pregnancy. We are really ready to see our miracle you gave us.
Thank you!
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
Oh boy Mommy sure hopes that something is going on so that we can schedule for you to come! I can't wait anymore and am so ready for you to be here! We can't wait to see who you look like, what your personality is like and just ready to start our lives together as a family!
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

I can't wait to hear your post about what the doc's update for you is? By this time next week you could have a little baby in your arms. So exciting. I hope your sleep is better tonight!

Post a Comment