Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Baby's First Christmas

Our first Christmas as a family was everything I could dream of! It was so amazing to have Adam in our arms as we celebrated the holidays with family. Adam got lots of great gifts from everyone and he spoiled Mommy and got me a gorgeous pair of earrings with his birth stone in them! My favorite was on Christmas morning we all woke up and laid in bed for awhile just staring at our baby boy and then we went downstairs and saw that Santa had come for Adam. That was always so exciting for me growing up, I love being able to start new traditions with our little family now.

Tomorrow Adam will be 2 weeks old already! He has been such a great baby, we are so lucky. He never cries, only when he is really hungry or when he is getting a bath. The nights have been great too - he only gets up at 12:00, 3:00 and 6:00 - I really can't complain about that at all - I actually feel rested in the morning. The pediatrician told us we can now go out with Adam - thank goodness, I was getting stir crazy staying in the house! Adam weighs 7 pounds and 11 ounces now so he is gaining weight really well. I think he is going through a growth spurt though - for the past 2 days he has wanted to eat every hour (sometimes even 30-45 minutes after the last feeding). So I feel like all I have done is sit on the couch to feed him but I am loving our special cuddle time! Speaking of feeding - the breastfeeding has been going relatively well and gets easier everyday but it was a hard start.

I am feeling great! I really never thought I would recover so fast from the c-section but it's amazing how good I feel. I have to remind myself all of the time that I had surgery and I can't go full speed ahead yet - I need to still take it easy!

Here are a few pictures from Christmas....
My Whole Family (Brother-in-Law, Sister, Nephew, Brother, Dad, Niece, Mom, Me, Adam and Bob) - Not a great picture of me at all, I look huge but I have to remind myself it was only one week after c-section and I was so tired in that picture it was 10:00 at night (way past my bedtime)!

Christmas Morning under the tree with the Teddy Bear my Mom got him at Harrods in England.


Christmas Tradition - My Mom reading Twas the Night Before Christmas on Christmas Eve to all of her grandkids in their matching PJs.

No comments:

Post a Comment