Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Doctor's Update

So let's just say I left the doctor's office in tears! I had my first internal exam and nothing is going on - my cervix is still closed and he said baby is WAY up there. Not really what I wanted to hear, I thought for sure something was going on because of the symptoms I have been having but I was wrong obviously. The doctor then went on to discuss how he was concerned about how big Adam is which left me confused, if they are so concerned about the size and knowing that he gains an ounce everyday why don't they do something about it. Oh well, I guess my patience will be tested like it never has before and I'll just have to wait it out. I just really want him here for Christmas but am starting to feel like maybe I should take the Baby's First Christmas stuff I bought should be taken back.

One bright spot in all of this is that my boss is allowing me to work from home for the rest of this pregnancy! That definately helps deal with all of this a lot. It was such a chore to take my 1 1/2 hour one way train ride everyday and sit in the office all day - so knowing I don't have to do that really helps me deal with how uncomfortable I am. Now I can freely move from the kitchen table, to the recliner, to the couch with my laptop and just work.

Dear God,
Thank you for continuing to watch over us and Adam. I know he is safe and sound where he is right now.
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Adam,
I think you might have a little bit of your Daddy in you. You are going to procrastinate aren't you? I just hope you don't come too late - we really want to experience Christmas with you this year!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't be too upset. When Chloe Jo decided to come a week early my water broke. I was at a "very tight" one dilation and 0% effacement. She was so far up there that the nurse had a lot of trouble even checking me when I got to the hospital. So just think, your water could break at any time!

Meant to be a mom said...

I'm sorry to hear that nothing is really progressing into a birth quite yet. I know your ready. I wonder why your doc even said anything about the weight? It only worries you and they are obviously not that concerned or they would have explained better or done something about it. I hope he decides to come before Christmas. You never know it could all happen really fast. Sending positive labor thoughts to you right now!

A n T said...

(((Hugs))) I've heard some people go from zero to full force, so get discouraged. I know how anxious you are to meet your little one. I am too.

Unknown said...

Praying all will move quickly!

L.M said...

Hi there. don't worry love, adam will come when he feels the time is right. He will be fine and wonderful and your whole life will change in that very second... I'm a new mom to a beautiful baby boy Paddy, so I can vouch for me! Chin up love! All will be ok!
LM

Post a Comment