Monday, April 20, 2009

5 Weeks

Today I am exactly 5 weeks! Only 35 more to go - wow that's a long time! I bet it will fly by fast though. Our little baby is the size of an appleseed right now - it is so amazing to think about that! The heart also will start beating this week although we might not see it on the ultrasound yet because it is still too early.

I know it's crazy but Bob and I already started talking about names. But it's a good thing we did because there are no names that we agree on! I like different names and he likes more common, old-fashioned names. So I have a feeling this is going to take us the full pregnancy to agree on. Thank goodness we can find out the gender because I can't imagine having to agree on a boy and a girl's name! We will be lucky enough to agree on just one!

I also went on a bit of a shopping spree this weekend! Not for the baby but for me! I bought a few maternity clothes. They are so cute and I can't wait to wear them. All of the Fall/Winter clothes are on clearance right now, so that is great that I am able to get them at a good price because that is when I will really need them. I think this summer I can get away with all of the empire things they have out now. But I did buy a couple of capris for the summer - they are so comfortable that I want to wear them now! I will hold myself back from doing that though. Although I probably could have gotten away with them last week - I was still SO bloated (I think from all of the fertility drugs) but my bloat is starting to go down now, I can button my jeans and pants again.

I started thinking about grandparents and it got me sad. Our beautiful baby will only know what it is like to have one set of grandparents (my parents). It makes me so sad to think that Bob's mom and dad will not be around to see this beautiful life that we created - yes I know they will be watching from heaven but we won't have pictures or anything. How can we ever explain to this child how wonderful his Grandma and Grandpa Baker were! It makes me feel so blessed that I grew up with all four of my grandparents most of my life!

Only 2 more days until our ultrasound - I am SO excited! I think everything will feel more real then!

Dear God,
You are so good! Please continue to bless our little family. Also, please bless all of those couples out there that are still struggling with infertility.
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Baby,
Mommy and Daddy are SO excited to see you on Thursday! We just want you to know that even though you are so small right now you are the biggest miracle in our lives and we love you SO much already!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How awesome! Time flies! What a miracle! About the names-we never agreed either. You will eventually settle on something ;) Congrats!

A n T said...

So happy for you. Please pass me some of that peace that you have because I have yet been able to just sit back and enjoy being pregnant and its sucks.

Post a Comment