Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tomorrow is our 2nd ultrasound. I am really hoping and praying that we see the beautiful heartbeat! I think that is when this will really hit me.

It was brought to my attention by someone else's blog that I follow that this week is National Infertility Awareness Week. I would have never known that something like this was even out there. Infertility is so aweful and I just feel for any couple that has to deal with it. I NEVER thought that Bob and I would be a couple that would have those struggles but we were. I think God gave us this challenge because he knew we could handle it. Going through something like this truly made our marriage stronger and taught us to lean on one another. I am not saying this was easy - it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through. I can't even count the number of nights that I cried myself to sleep, the number of times that my heart would just ache whenever I saw a pregnant woman or a baby, the number of times I was so jealous of people who could get pregnant easily, the number of times I was so scared that we would never have a child, the number of times I felt like my life was just a black hole and I was never going to get out of it. Infertility really did test my faith but my faith in God is so much stronger after having gone through this, it had to be. It got to a point where I felt like God was the only person I could turn to because I knew that He would give me what my heart truly desired. I don't know if I can say that I wish we hadn't had to go through this because part of me does wish that. But I do know that having had dealt with infertility I can say that I will never take for granted the wonderful miracle that I have been so blessed to experience. This perfect, tiny baby is so loved and will know everyday how much their Mommy and Daddy wanted them in this world.

Dear God,
Please bless and watch over all of those couples in the world struggling with infertility. Please help them to see the reason for the challenge and please help them to get their hearts desire.
Please bless our tiny baby and let his/her heartbeat be strong tomorrow so that we can see it!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Baby,
We could never express how very, very blessed we feel that you have entered our lives. You are such a miracle that we will forever cherish!
We love you so much!
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

Post a Comment