Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wow - I am 10 weeks now (well as of yesterday)! Baby is now the size of a prune. I normally hate prunes but in this case I LOVE them! Baby has now completed the most critical part of the development. Baby is now in the fetal period and no longer considered an embryo! The fetal period is a time when the tissue and organs rapidly grow. Baby is now swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm although I can't feel it yet. I can't wait for that, I just hope I know what it is when it happens. Kidneys, intestines, brain and liver are all in place and starting to function but will continue to develop. The yolk sac is starting to disappear as it is no longer needed. Tiny nails are forming on the fingers and toes and peach fuzz of hair on the skin. Babies limbs can now bend and outline of the spine is clearly visable. What a wonderful miracle.

I got dressed for work this morning and the one pair of pants I had left for work that I could wear no longer button! So I am sitting here today with them unbuttoned and letting it all hang out - it's a beautiful site let me tell ya. Thank goodness for the belly band to cover up the unbuttoned pants or else I would be in trouble. I have a few pairs of maternity pants that I'll have to try on to see if they fit or are still too big. Speaking of maternity clothes - it really bothers me to spend money on them since I won't wear them for too long. Luckily my sister gave me some of hers but she won't part from a lot of them because she still wears them, haha! I think I am going to have to buy some more though because I barely have any and it is really getting difficult to find things to wear everyday! I think I am going to clean out my closet and put away everything that doesn't fit me then I won't be so depressed when I try something on in the mornings and it's too tight. I seriously think I cry every morning getting dressed. Not that I am complaining at all - I know that it is the hormones making this more of a big deal than it really is but I figure anything I can do to keep a break down away the better.

I will update after our weekly ultrasound tomorrow! Oh yea - I haven't had any naseau in 3 days! Woo Hoo!

Dear God,
Thank you for your continued blessings!
Love,
Alicia & Bob

Dear Baby,
We are so excited to see you tomorrow! I hope you are awake and are moving around for us!
We Love You!
Mommy & Daddy

1 comment:

Meant to be a mom said...

First of all isn't the belly band such an amazing invention. I still don't understand how my pants can be completely unbuttoned with just a band wrapped around them holding them up yet it does! I still wear mine and LOVE IT! I'm not ready for the maternity pants yet. I just can't get them to fit right.
I'm so glad your doing good. YAY BABY your 10 weeks old. I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes.

Post a Comment