Monday, March 30, 2009

Egg Retrieval

I had my egg retrieval today. I guess everything went well. I was so nervous this morning! We go to the doctors office, they had us sign our papers and then I got dressed in a hospital gown. After getting my IV we waited for about 15 minutes and then it was time. Bob and I went in seperate directions to do our thing. They brought me into the room, the embriologist asked my full name and that was all that I remember! Next thing I knew I woke up and was in a recliner in the recovery room with Bob sitting by me. I have no idea how I got there. I had some cramping (like really bad period cramps) but they gave me a heating pad and something to help with the pain. We were in the recovery room for an hour or so and then they let us go. Before we left I was told that they got 10 eggs. I have to admit I was disappointed with that number, I really thought they would have gotten more since I had a lot more follicles than that. I just hope that all 10 are mature (that will make me feel so much better if they are all mature). Tomorrow late morning/early afternoon we will get the fertilization report, I am anxious for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment