Monday, March 9, 2009

One Down - Many More to Go

I did my first injection last night! I was so nervous and anxious all day yesterday! I had decided that my injection time was going to be 8:00 p.m. everynight. So I was watching the Amazing Race last night and the whole time I kept thinking to myself I don't want this show to end because that would mean injection time! Too quickly 8:00 p.m. rolled around. Bob and I went to the bathroom and I cleaned the top of the bottle containing the Lupron, opened the syringe, cleaned my skin and got the Lupron in the syringe. I then proceeded to pinch a large area in my belly and held the needle by my skin. Bob and I had to do at least 10 to 12 count downs before I actually stuck the needle in! I was so nervous my hands were sweating, my heart was racing and I was shaking like crazy! Bob kept saying this is for our baby - you can do it. I worked myself up way more than I needed to! It really did not hurt at all! I was pleasantly surprised! So now I am on this injection until the 21st where I will start my stimulation drugs to get the eggs growing! I have a doctor's appointment on the 16th and I am kind of hoping that things are looking so well that she will have me start stims earlier but I doubt that will happen. So the ball is really rolling now!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Look at all the wonderful things you can tell the baby when they come home with purple hair and 25 piercings...
"Do you know what I went through so that you could have that hair?"
"If you think you are going to put holes in the body that I worked so hard to make, you have another thing coming!"
I can't wait to see it!

Post a Comment